Hyaluronic acid (HA) is basically a naturally occurring element in our body that has the ability to attract or retain water, helping your skin stay hydrated and firm. Hyaluronic is widely used in cosmetic procedures for wrinkles and some anti-aging treatments, it now is also FDA approved for adding volume to the lips.
Lips play an important role in face aesthetic perception, lip augmentation is one of the most commonly requested aesthetic procedure. HA is one of the main active material for lip enhancement; it is used in a number of procedures including increasing the overall volume of the lip or enhancing the vermilion border and sculpting and accentuating lip.
How do Hyaluronic Fillers (HA) help?
HA fillers enhance the look of your lips by improving the shape, structure and volume. These fillers are focused on making your lips look more youthful and fuller. It redefines the border, giving it a overall shape.
HA fillers also are used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around your lips, basically your smile lines, giving your skin a more tightening effect.
What are the benefits of HA Fillers?
Apart from giving it a youthful look, the HA supports and shapes the lips tissues.
- Unevenness in the lips can be shaped beautifully. Fillers are deposited according to desired shape as it is much more controlled.
- The shape can be enhanced gradually with various different appointments, hence you can go for a small amount of filler and see how you like it and increase it accordingly in the next session.
- HA fillers gives you an immediate effect. Perfect for those looking for rapid results.
- Redefines your borders, gives the perfect pouty effect to your lips.
Is the process painful?
HA fillers are done within 15-20 mins post the consultation. A numbing cream or liquid is applied for about 5-7 mins before the procedure to ease any discomfort.
Depending on how sensitive your lips are, HA fillers have little to no downtime.You will be able to see the results immediately and would be asked to avoid any lip products for 2 days minimum.
Difference between HA fillers and dermal lip fillers?
- The name “hyaluronic acid filler” basically means a filler made of hyaluronic acid. HA is naturally produced by our body but as we age the production reduces. HA is also known as the skin’s “moisture molecule” as it absorbs up to 1000x its own weight of water, hence giving our skin the lift and also restore volume and hydration into our skin and tissues. The HA fillers are purely made of just hyaluronic acid and hence are much natural. These last for about 3-4 months and might require another round post that.
- Dermal fillers on the other hand can contain hyaluronic acid or other materials like polycaprolactone or calcium hydroxyapatite. They last a little bit longer than the HA fillers, about 6 months.
- HA fillers are sometimes done using a pen like needle that helps spread the product evenly all through the lips.
- Dermal fillers are mostly injected into the dermal layer using injections.
Which procedure is better?
Both of them are done by certified professionals and will give you the desired results.
If you have never got fillers and would like to try it, then HA fillers would be a more subtle option. If you have got fillers multiple times and know exactly what you want, you could opt for dermal fillers.
However, a consultation from the professional would be a best option as they would analyse your skin and suggest the best treatment for you.
How are they priced?
HA Fillers start at 18000 per sitting. It will depend on how much ml you require.